10 June 2016

Voyageur Motel in Two Harbors

Rating: 8 out of 10

At 3pm on Friday, June 3, I was sitting on my sectional couch, searching the computer for the best place to stay in Two Harbors that night. I live about 2.5 to 3 hours away, but there was supposed to be heavy rain, which might slow things down. I was starting to get concerned that we wouldn't be there in time for dinner; we may have to eat dinner on the way. I was considering that maybe we should just pack the car and then drive up first thing in the morning. So I started searching for Saturday night only, which wasn't much better.

Then, I stumbled on a little place called the Voyageur Motel. I don't know how it ended up coming up in my search. They didn't even have a website, just a phone number listed. So, I called. The owner answered and told me that they had just had a cancellation and had a room open for both Friday and Saturday. I booked it right away, which surprised my husband!

I'm so glad we did. It was my first time in Two Harbors, and we had a fantastic time. The owner, Gigi, was very friendly and helpful to us. She recommended that we eat at the Vanilla Bean, which was a lot of fun and delicious. She was also flexible about our arrival time, which was nice.

The Voyageur Motel is a small, 8 unit motel conveniently located on 7th Avenue, which is the main road through town. It's location is very convenient, and very close to the scenic drive that goes to Duluth, which we enjoyed. Wifi and a pretty extensive cable selection are available, which are both important to me and sometimes lacking in a smaller motel. There is also complimentary coffee available at 5am, but we did not avail ourselves of it! I'm not much of a coffee drinker, and my husband isn't much of a morning person.

I would stay at the Voyageur Motel again. It was nice, clean, and reasonably priced. The rooms are very small, fitting a bed, chair, and small desk/table. The TV is mounted on the wall, and there is only a shower in the bathroom. (I'm not sure if this layout is true of all units. We stayed in unit 2.) If you are going to Two Harbors and looking for a reasonably priced place to stay, the Voyageur Motel is a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment