08 June 2016

Carmody 61 in Two Harbors

Rating: 9 out of 10

We chose the Carmody 61 for the illustrious reason that it was very close to our hotel, and we were able to walk to it. Even though it was pouring rain, we were excited to be able to stretch our legs after the long drive to Two Harbors from our home. 

When we walked in, we had to choose between two doors: restaurant, or bar. We chose restaurant and were greeted with another sign: Please Seat Yourself. We were brought menus and drinks right away. The service was very quick and attentive, with the exception of taking over 15 minutes to pay! We also noticed immediately that there was mustard on the table (a big plus!) and not one, but two veggie burgers on the menu.

Spent Grain Burger: Made from spent grain from their own brewery. It was very unique, and one of the best veggie burgers I've ever had. It had very unique toppings too: whole mustard aioli, lettuce, red onion, tomato, and giardiniera. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about that combo, but it was amazing. 

Black Bean Burger: The black bean burger was very good. It had guacamole on it, which I love. 

We also had the appetizer of "curly fries," which were delicious, but not at all what I was expecting. Apparently curly fries are now like seasoned steak fries in the shape of a circle. I like them, but I was expecting something thinner. 

We had a really great time at the Carmody 61. They had a large selection of tap beers, probably about a dozen, and a good variety. The food was fast and delicious. I will definitely be back the next time I'm in Two Harbors!


No comments:

Post a Comment