26 January 2017

You Can Create An Exceptional Life by Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson (2011)

I love Louise Hay. I think she has written some of the best books and that her teachings truly help people. This book can help people. I also think very highly of Cheryl Richardson; she is an excellent writer who cares about people and helping others. They have both written some highly engaging and important books.

They can't all be winners.

While I did get some helpful information out of this book, I didn't care for the format. Basically, Louise Hay and Cheryl Richardson decided to write a book together. This book is basically about that collaboration. To be clear, this book is NOT the collaborative effort; it is simply a series of 7 conversations that Hay and Richardson had about writing a book together.

It is literally just 7 chapters, which are 7 conversations between the two authors. I was expecting a book which was a collaboration between the two authors. The first chapter is entirely a transcribed skype conversation. It is written by Richardson, in her voice.

I'm not sure why they thought this was a good idea. Honestly, I have never heard of a book of this type before.

That being said, I do feel that I got some value out of the book, but I'm very glad that I didn't pay the $17.95 list price. If you can get this from the library, it's worth reading. It's a very quick read. The last chapter, about approaching death, is very unique and interesting. And as always, there are many useful affirmations from Hay. 

Rating: 5 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment